Using aluminium for marine industry has long history. With the rapid development of the ship manufacturing industry, it is key to focus on the ship lightweight. This is helpful for reducing the self-weight of the boat, which can improve the route speed. The aluminium plate is a good material for replacing the steel. Whether for the service life or the environmental protection, aluminium alloy ship has great advantages. Compared with the low carbon steel, aluminium helps reduce 50% ship weight. And then the energy consumption is also decreased. There will be less carbon dioxide and pollution.
What are the advantages of utilizing aluminium for boat making?
Aluminium alloy plate is characterized with corrosion resistance, good weldability, no magnetic and so on. Meanwhile, it can meet the requirements of tensile strength, yield strength, elongation and impact resistance on the ship building. Generally, the ship manufacturers usually use the 5000 series aluminium magnesium alloy and 6000 series aluminium for production.
- Using aluminium sheets in ship building business, the aluminium boat weight will be lighter. It also helps reduce the engine capacity.
- Thereupon, the route speed will be higher and save the energy. Meanwhile, the length-width ratio of the boat will be better, too. It improves the stability of the ship.
- Wanda 5000 series aluminium alloy plates have excellent corrosion resistance. You do not need to pay much for maintenance.
- It is easy for you to weld the aluminium magnesium plates. And it is safer because of its elastic range is large.
- The aluminium boat can avoid the torpedo attack. Because there is no magnetic, which will not affect the compass.
- You can recycle the aluminium scrap.
Where you can apply Wanda aluminium for your ship building business?
5083 aluminium alloy plate has been utilized in marine industry since 1890s. And with the development of the industry, some other aluminium alloy are popular for making boat. It is applicable for you to use the 3003 Al-Mn alloy, 5052 aluminium sheet, 6061 aluminum and some other high strength aluminium alloy. You can use the aluminium alloy plates for yacht, fishing boat, LNG ship, submarine manufacturing and so on. The 5083 aluminum and 5086 aluminum alloy are often used aluminum in the boat building business. For your information, Wanda 5083 h116 and 5083 h321 aluminum are marine grade aluminium sheets. We also have certifications for proving that our aluminium are standard.
Especially, transporting LNG needs metal, which has good performance under low temperature. Our aluminium alloy is a good choice for you. It has better weldability and lighter weight than stainless steel. Nowadays, there is large demand on the LNG ships. You can choose our aluminium alloy for your business. Wanda can offer you factory price.
How does Wanda Pack the Marine Using Aluminium Sheet?
Purchasing aluminium sheet for ship building from Wanda, you do not need to worry about the goods’ quality. Generally, we choose shipping for transporting. There may be some cracks. While, choosing Wanda Aluminium, there will be no problems during the transportation. Because we apply high configured packing materials for making sure the steadiness, flatness and good surface. You can get the high quality goods with no cracks.
- We utilize protective film and paper for protecting the surface of aluminium sheets and coil rolls. At the same time, there are also plastic or kraft paper for wrapping the products, which is helpful for moisture proofing and rain proofing.
- Before we put the packed aluminium sheets and coil into the container, we use the wooden pallet for strengthening the wrapped aluminium products. Meanwhile, there are also steel belt, which can also improve the steadiness and avoid collision. For your information, our wooden pallets are also marked with fumigation.
- Our company put the dryer agent into the containers. It is helpful for avoid the goods being moist, making sure the quality.
|5083 Aluminium Sheet||H116||1mm-30mm||800mm-2250mm||Under 11000mm or Coil|
|5083 Aluminum Plate||H321||1mm-30mm||800mm-2250mm||Under 11000mm or Coil|
Except for the Marine grade 5083 aluminum sheet, there are also some other aluminium alloys that you can use for ship building. Here are some informations for your reference. And our company Wanda can offer these aluminium sheets at factory price. If you have needs, just feel free for sending inquiry to us.
|Aluminum Alloy No.||Application|
|5083, 5086||Side Plating, Bottom Plate|
|5083||Keel, Boat Ribs, Engine Pedestal, Balwark|
|5083, 6061||Ribbed Plate, Bulkhead,|
|5052, 5083, 5086, 5454||Deck|
|5083, 5052||Pilot House, Funnel|
|3003, 3004, 5052||Roof and Side Plates|